Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hello again! Back to Blogging...


Hi friends! Hello again after being absent for almost a year. I am so sorry! What happened? A lot, actually... but the biggest news is that we had another baby! (See below for pics). Although I didn't talk about it much, this pregnancy was pretty rough on my body- the first 6 months were filled with constant nausea. Once that finally subsided, I broke out into a widespread nasty itchy rash known as PUPPP (Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy) that lasted for the remainder of the pregnancy, not to mention almost 60 pounds of weight gain. I also had to deal with gestational diabetes and check my blood sugars a couple times a day. 

Baby Nathan was born on July 5th, at 8lbs 4oz and he seriously ripped my pelvis open. I walked around for the next few weeks with quite a bit of pelvic pain and instability, was battling ongoing swelling, shortness of breath and then... just when I thought the worst was over, the rash came back with a vengeance! Despite all this, I am just so happy to know that we have a healthy baby boy. I would go through all the torture in the world just so that he is healthy. I feel well enough for the first time in a long time to finally get back to enjoying blogging again. Hope you all have been well! I can't wait to catch up with everyone.




I love dark clothing. Everyone always keeps encouraging me to try some brighter and fancier colors, but at the end, I'm the most comfortable in a monochromatic, dark look. I suppose it's my signature style, and I think it has a nice contrast to the autumn colors. This sweater dress is from Theory.


Enough of outfit pics, ready to meet the kiddos? Here's Nathan at 3 months and 14 lbs!


And remember big sister Grace? Look how big she is now, almost 3 years old.



I hope you have all been well! 

18 comments:

  1. OMG , u went through so much in a years time but i have to say u have lost all the pregnency weight
    u look AMAZNG , such a well put together outfit
    ur babies are the cutest :)
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Christy! You had a pretty rough pregnancy indeed. Glad both you and the baby are doing well now. Looking forward to your future posts. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nathan!!! so cuuuute!! He was born just a little lighter than me when I was born at 8.9 lb :| my poor mom!!! so glad you're doing better. that must have been real tough for you with all that going on. well worth such beautiful and sweet kids!!! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute fall look! I love that navy coat and the booties!

    Style by Joules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats on Baby Nathan! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!
    xoxo-www.katestylepetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see you back again Christy! Your pregnancy does sound really rough but Nathan is so cute and I'm glad to hear that you're recovering. Can't wait to read more of you and your beautiful family!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been through SO much! Glad you are back to blogging. Your kids are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have missed you! Wow, first off, congrats on the new addition! He is adorable and Grace is such a big girl now! She is so adorable! Hope the healing continues. It is amazing what the body can withstand, especially with all the hardships of pregnancy. But you have such a positive outlook despite a very rough pregnancy! I look forward to following your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow.. you are such a trooper! Welcome back!!!
    Hope
    www.hhdesignsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to have you back! Oh my the pregnancy and delivery sounded pretty awful but I'm glad you have a smile on your face now and am enjoying all those wonderful baby moments. Grace sure is getting big but still a little girl. Can't wait to read more and see more outfits. You're looking radiant, even in dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christy it’s so good to see you back again! Massive congrats on Baby N, he is the sweetest! I had the itchy PUPPS rash in pregnancy too, but only for 3 consecutive days around the 8 week mark. It was the WORST thing. I’d honestly rather be in labour than experience that again. You endured and persevered to bring this precious boy into the world - well done mama! You look wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have you back and it's great that you're feeling healthy again! Your new son is adorable!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you are back to blogging! You look beautiful and it is hard to imagine how much you have endured in the last year! Two babies are so cute just as their parents!:)

    Zhuo
    http://staybeautifulforyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! i missed you!
    Nathan's hair is WILD and I LOVE IT! Grace is so beautiful - just like her mama...

    I totally understand about the 'signature style". I have way too much pink. and I try to "tone it down" but I always go back to pinks and bright colors.... whatever works right???

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good that you are feeling better Christy, I had no idea! Can't wait to meet Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look head to toe! Love those booties!
    xoxo - www.katestylepetite

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is so fantastic: comfortable, chic and with lots of layers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations. It has been so long since I popped by to say hello.
    I am very sorry that you had some challenges with your most recent pregnancy, but so glad that your blessing, baby Nathan is here! You look wonderful and your family is so gorgeous. Glad to see you!
    Happy New Year, Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your wonderful comments