Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Workwear with Mikarose


I think it's so interesting how style and preferences changes throughout someone's life. It's like going through chapters in a book. It grows with you as you mature. It takes you through different adventures. I remember when I started this fashion venture a few years ago, I was all about trying pattern and color mixing with whatever was in my closet. Then I went through an obsessive skirt phase, followed by a coat phase...then patterned tights. Although it was fun experimenting with all this, I looked at my closet a few months ago and realized all I did was collect clutter. My friend, Rachel and I encouraged each other to try something called a "Capsule Closet" as an effort to declutter our lives.  3/4 of my closet was donated/sold and I only kept the essentials. At the end, I prefer simplicity, elegance and modesty. This is one of my favorite dresses from Mikarose- a boutique dedicated towards reinventing modesty for women. I wouldn't mind if I completely turned over my closet with Mikarose clothing! :)






Dress: C/o Mikarose
Sandals: Old (J.C Penny I think)
Earrings: Chloe and Isabel 




Grace and Grandpa making Chinese stickybuns


3 comments:

  1. You are one brave soul doing the capsule closet. Someday... Maybe... I'll do it too.
    Right now just thinking about it gives me panic attack. Bec nothing fits so I don't know what to give up ~ everything???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has actually been strangely liberating!! My head is clear every time I enter my closet now- it's like being cured of schizophrenia :)

      Delete
  2. awww such a pretty dress
    i really need to do another closet clean out
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your wonderful comments